What is creativity day?
Our social, economical and environmental problems are more complex than ever before. The solution given in the books is just NOT working. We need weapons of creativity in arts & science to solve the real issues – weapons like you! So join us on August 1, 2012 to celebrate creativity!
How can I celebrate creativity day?
To participate, all you need to do is celebrate & support creativity! Here are a few ideas on how to be a part of creativity:
1. Ditch the TV, read a good book!
2. Don’t go to a coffee shop to meet your friends – instead play board games like Pictionary & Scrabble with them.
3. Don’t wear black/grey ties and suits, be creative and dress colorfully.
4. Don’t eat fast food, experiment with some creative cooking!
5. Don’t go to the mall to buy useless things you don’t need. Instead, try recycling some home made waste.
6. Don’t just be a bathroom singer, perform for the world.
7. Don’t buy your girlfriend/boyfriend crappy gifts, make a card!
8. Turn off your MTV and commercial music and go out to local gigs to see & support real creativity! Experiment with new music!
9. Quit your PS3 and play a game with less fortunate children at an orphanage near you. When you spend time with them, you will be surprised to know how creative kids can be!
10. Why just wash the dishes when you can dance at the same time!
11. Don’t keep your eyes on your phones, look around – explore!
12. Use your local newspapers as toilet paper and read articles and analysis by creative independent journalists online.
13. And think of how you can do everyday mundane tasks differently!